Well hello readers and listeners!
If you’re the type who also likes to read along, here are the Spring Sex tips in readable form:
What better way to celebrate the concept of rebirth, renewal, fertility, and all that comes with Spring then to dole out some Spring Sex tips.
Before I do that here are two sex tips that are non-negotiable.
I. Consent is ALWAYS a prerequisite to sex. The real world is not an episode of Game of Thrones.
II. Always use protection unless you specifically are trying to procreate.
With that out-of-the-way, let’s dive right in to 5 Random sex tips:
1. Get regular, comprehensive, STD/STI Testing. I cannot stress enough how important it is to get tested on a regular basis. COMPREHENSIVE TESTING! Look at these stats. I won’t go into all the details but this is something I found to be pretty telling:
“Less than half of adults ages 18 to 44 have ever been tested for an STD/STI other than HIV/AIDS”
If you’ve never had comprehensive testing, now is the time.
2. Gotta be Fresh. It’s just common courtesy to freshen up before you do the deed. If you’ve gone at least 4 hours without a shower, you might want to pop into one before some things (or someone) goes down.
Dudes, here’s a little secret for you: You probably smell down there.
Go wash your balls bro.
3. Know what you want and communicate it. Who would have guessed that a line from The Notebook could be SO spot on. It’s not about what anyone else wants, it’s what you want. Don’t be ashamed if you’re into so-called “weird” things. Yes, what you like might be considered weird by some people, but so what. As long as you aren’t hurting anyone, the act is consensual, and not illegal then you should feel comfortable clearly communicating what it is that you want. “What if they aren’t into it?” you ask sheepishly. Well that’s when a great thing called the Yes, No or Maybe List comes into play. Not satisfied with the list I just linked to? Make your own! I’ve already pre-populated somethings but it’s yours to use freely. Have your partner fill one out, fill one out yourself, and avoid a potentially awkward conversation.
4. Never fake your enjoyment. Listen, you might think that because someone has decided to sleep with you, you owe them something. Well, you’re wrong and silly for thinking that. Sex is a partnership, whether short-term or long-term. Why lie by omission? If you’re doing something you aren’t enjoying, just say it. I’m not saying you have to be rude about it, just don’t pretend you’re into something you’re not. You might think I’m speaking to just the ladies here but no, apparently 25% of guys have done it too.
5. Don’t have sex when you’re not feeling it. Listen, you and I know that I’m all about indifference. What I’m not indifferent about is sex. If you don’t enjoy sex, that’s cool. If you do enjoy sex, well then, why have sex you don’t enjoy?
If you find more often than not that you’re feeling sort of “meh” about the sex you’re having, that might be bigger issue. Maybe you’re just not into the sex you’re having, the people or person you’re having it with, maybe you have a confidence issue, maybe you’re depressed. Whatever it is, you should probably figure out what the issue is and not have sex for the sake of having sex.
Alright everyone, enjoy your spring. Be safe, be smart, and enjoy yourselves.
Good luck out there.
p.s. Here are the links for your sex in the news: