As one of the younger people in my groups of friends I get tons of questions about modern dating. Dating after you’re newly single can be tough if you’ve been out of the game for awhile so I’m here to help.
Here is a quick guide to dating after your 20’s:
- No one talks on the phone. Ever. Everything is done through texting
- Every person you date gets a nickname. Some are really good, some really really bad. Your nickname is known by all of their friends before they know your real name
- Your date has researched you. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter. They know more about you than you think
- Pretty much everyone dates online
- First dates are ALWAYS at a bar for drinks
- Girls are expected to do The Reach. Ladies, if you don’t reach when the bill arrives, you’re way less attractive.
- The guy is still expected to pay, to a point
- Until they’re in a relationship, everyone has a side piece. Sorry serial monogamists but you better have a secondary option because chances are the person that you’re into has someone on the side
- Rules around waiting don’t exist anymore. You’re waiting 3 days to call? Tell me more about storming the beaches of Normandy. Our culture is all about instant gratification, not waiting around. Text the next day or never reach out again
So there you have it.
Good luck out there